Empowering Sustainable Yachting
Discover ETYC, the pioneering start-up that certifies trained yachts and provides a comprehensive follow-up audit system, offering an innovative and transparent approach for responsible and sustainable navigation.
ETYC offer a comprehensive training program to yacht crews, helping them reduce their impact on the environment. In addition, we ensure strict monitoring through our audit system, ensuring effective implementation of sustainable practices. Join us now to be at the forefront of certification and environmental responsibility in the yachting industry. Together, let’s create a more sustainable future for the oceans.
For a 45m yacht
(Equivalent to 150 diesel cars per hour)
ETYC, ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE…
Founded in Monaco in 2019, ETYC’s vision of sustainable yachting hasn’t wavered. Having pioneered an environmental management system that includes formalised training and certification and a new digital platform set to launch in 2024, ETYC has quickly become a force of change within the industry.
ETYC offers practical solutions to the challenges facing the yachting industry
|Can reduce your boat’s carbon footprint by up to 50%
|Meet and exceed evolving regulations
|Limit unsustainable expenditure and operating costs over the long term
|Train your crew to further reduce your ship’s environmental impact
|Attract a new type of customers looking for environmentally-friendly yachts
ETYC Process for Yachts
- Advanced course – only for Heads of departments:
- Understand climate change
- Identify pollution sources and create a sustainability action plan
- Learn how to implement ETYC’s Environmental Management System (EMS) within your yacht’s departments
- Basic course – other crew except HoDs:
- Understand climate change
- Identify pollution sources
- Learn how to choose sustainable alternatives
Only for HoDs
- An ETYC-trained specialist joins your team to assist HoDs
- Learn how to navigate ETYC’s EMS challenges effectively
- Collaboratively assess each area of your vessel to evaluate implemented actions
- Align your vessel’s action plan with ETYC’s EMS goals for maximum impact
AUDIT and CERTIFICATION
- Yachting professionals who wish to add an additional qualification to their skillset, and to set themselves apart from other crew members in the industry by being proactively responsible.
- Owners who are conscious of their responsibilities and want to expand their crew training.
- Construction or refit shipyards, which wish, during construction or refit, to provide crews with work spaces and adequate equipment allowing them to reduce their impact on the environment during their daily activities.
Our latest news
ETYC was voted Best Sustainable Superyacht Business 2023 by captains and crew at the Acrew Awards!
We had the privilege of hosting H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco at our stand during the Monaco Yacht Show 2023!
Our training sessions are offered at the Belle Classe Academy of the Yacht Club of Monaco. Their hospitality, their facilities as well as their continued involvement in the protection of the environment have made them an exceptional participant and partner, completely in line with our training programmes.
ETYC was invited to join the instructors to present our innovative and unique training to a panel of professionals from the yachting industry, during the 23rd Captain’s Forum at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show.
Following the Monaco 2019 Startup Week-End, the ETYC team, decided to take up the challenge of participating in the prestigious 2019 Business Creation Competition. ETYC was the lucky winner of the Monaco JCE Prize.
It all started when Claire signed up for this contest on her own, with her idea. There, she would meet the members of her future team and with them, she created AWARE. Together, they won 2nd prize and later, AWARE would become ETYC.
Our ETYC YACHT Fleet
WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT US
“I highly recommend ETYC as training provider and consultant to large yachts that wish to improve their environmental policies. I was particularly impressed with Claires’s ability to deliver the content in such an engaging manner. Thank you Claire for opening our minds to this topic and for showing us so many ways to improve!”
Captain Chris Durham
M/Y Savannah – 83m Feadship
“Today’s training went beyond my imagination. Quite simply, it has enabled me to broaden my horizons in order to keep our oceans and environment safe and clean.”
M/Y ROE – 73m Turquoise Yacht
“S/Y Atmosphere’s crew received training on ecological behaviour on board and how to limit their carbon footprint. It was an interesting course with constructive discussions that enabled us to implement new measures. Plastic bottles reduced by a factor of 3, organic waste management, maintenance of product management with the use of more ecological products. I would recommend this training course. Thanks to Claire!”
Captain Pascal Berger
S/Y Atmosphère – 53m Perini Navi
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA