Environmental Training for Yacht Crew
ETYC is the first company offering training, audit and consulting to yacht crew, to effectively implement practices to protect the environment.
For several years, architects and engineers have been able to find technological solutions to make yachts less polluting.Despite this fact, behaviours onboard havn’t evolved, it is crucial that we do change our work methods onboard. A recent WWF study shows that the Mediterranean is the most polluted sea in the world, carrying 4 times more waste than the 7th continent made of plastic.
Inspired on the ISO14001 standard, ETYC is offering solutions aiming at implementing Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and developing proposals to improve environmental performance on board yachts. The challenge is significant because these objectives must not jeopardise the high quality that service we provide in luxury yachting.
For these reasons, ETYC offers a range of trainings and audits that allow crew to take the right measures and significantly reduce their impact on the environment. By the end of our training, the crew is autonomous and able to independently identify areas for improvement.
FOR ONE SEASON ON A 45 METERS YACHT
(Equivalent to 150 diesel cars per hour)
ETYC, ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE…
- At ETYC, we offer support to crew so they achieve their ecological transition smoothly.
- Our knowledge of the luxury yachting industry enables us to offer unique services that are fully dedicated to managing the environmental transition on board: audits, coaching, training, support, follow-up.
- From training to auditing, our services are relevant for every department, at every level and on any boat size.
FREE OF CONSTRAINT, THIS TRAINING HAS 5 MAJOR BENEFITS
|1||REDUCING LONG TERM COSTS FOR THE OWNER|
|2||FREEING UP STORAGE ONBOARD|
|3||SAVING TIME FOR CREW MEMBERS|
|4||MAINTAINING THE LUXURY EXPERIENCE WHILST REDUCING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT|
›› BECOMING AN ETYC CREW
THE TRAINING PROGRAM is tailored to suit the luxury yachting industry – it applies to every crew member regardless of their position. It includes a theoretical portion, a practical portion and a customised action plan.
- 2 days: Manage the environmental performance of your department and yacht. – 640€/pp
- For Department Chiefs
- 1 day : Environmentally friendly practices onboard yachts. – 320€/pp
- For all crew members.
›› BECOMING AN ETYC YACHT
COACHING OR CASE STUDY
The COACHING includes a documented study, an on-board inspection and a behavioural analysis of each of the parties involved.
- It is personalised, takes into consideration the requests and requirements of the ship owner and/or the captain according to budget and expectations.
- The follow up inspection is customisable according to the needs.
- The price is based on an estimate, and includes 1 day of coaching on board the boat, 1/2 day of audit + support over time.
Our support takes into consideration technological developments, changes in behaviour and new requirements. It ensures that the efficiency of the action plan established is optimised. It evaluates if the measures recommended in the action plan are applied on a daily basis, and to what extent. It also contributes to ensuring a high level of motivation from the crew.
›› ETYC CONSULT – ADVISING & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Climate change, new standards imposed by domestic and international authorities and public expectations impose profound changes in yhe work organization of yachting companies their offer of services and daily practices.
For these reasons ETYC is here to support you in this transformation, to anticipate requests and to make today the right choices in the long term
In this way, we help you to control the costs of this new paradygme.
- Yachting professionals who wish to add an additional qualification to their skillset, and to set themselves apart from other crew members in the industry by being proactively responsible.
- Owners who are conscious of their responsibilities and want to expand their crew training.
- Construction or refit shipyards, which wish, during construction or refit, to provide crews with work spaces and adequate equipment allowing them to reduce their impact on the environment during their daily activities.
Our latest news
Our training sessions are offered at the Belle Classe Academy of the Yacht Club of Monaco. Their hospitality, their facilities as well as their continued involvement in the protection of the environment have made them an exceptional participant and partner, completely in line with our training programmes.
ETYC was invited to join the instructors to present our innovative and unique training to a panel of professionals from the yachting industry, during the 23rd Captain’s Forum at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show.
Following the Monaco 2019 Startup Week-End, the ETYC team, decided to take up the challenge of participating in the prestigious 2019 Business Creation Competition. ETYC was the lucky winner of the Monaco JCE Prize.
It all started when Claire signed up for this contest on her own, with her idea. There, she would meet the members of her future team and with them, she created AWARE. Together, they won 2nd prize and later, AWARE would become ETYC.
Our ETYC YACHT Fleet
- Founder of ETYC
- Degree in psychology
- + 8 years as Chief Stewardess onboard yachts
- Trained to implement the ISO14001 Standard
- Business Sustainability Management Certificate designed by the University of Cambridge for Sustainability Leadership – June 2022
My experience onboard yachts made me aware of this challenging situation. For several years, I was responsible for the well-being of the guests on board and I experienced issues with waste management, space constraints and disposable product management. This is everyday life for any crew: plastic bottles, caps in aluminium, chemical detergents… In short, onboard the majority of crew members are not able to work as sustainable or as eco-friendly as their potential because we lack the resources. This is why I created ETYC. To provide the right tools to the right people.
Etyc is also…
I was born in the south of France and studied business communication. I discovered yachting during a summer season and enjoyed the opportunities and adventures that the industry has to offer. I became chief stewardess and purser on yachts up to 80m. I love diving, fitness and yoga that I teach onboard yachts.
I’m proud to be an ETYC instructor since January 2021.
They trust us
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Monte Carlo Business Center – MCBC
17 Av. des Spélugues
Phone: +33 699 584 397